ZEBRA DATA SERVICES FOR RFID (FINALLY) MAKES IT FINANCIALLY AND TECHNICALLY FEASIBLE FOR SMALL AND LARGE ENTERPRISES TO EXTRACT ACTIONABLE INTELLIGENCE FROM RAW RFID-DERIVED DATA.
INTRODUCING ZEBRA DATA SERVICES FOR RFID…
This new Zebra Data Services for RFID application programming interface (API), which was known as Cloud Connect during the development and beta testing phases, leverages the Zebra Savanna™ platform to give you full use of the connectivity, data handling and analytics capabilities built directly into your RFID readers and the cloud. You no longer need to invest in complex and expensive on-premise infrastructure to gain end-to-end visibility into your operations, track inventory, streamline workflows and create efficiencies. In fact, the cloud-based structure of the Zebra Data Services for RFID offering enables you to deploy it in both large facilities and smaller operating environments, such as branch and franchise locations, where RFID track and trace simply wasn’t feasible before.
Why We Developed Zebra Data Services for RFID and Why We Think It Will Make an Immediate – and Powerful – Impact on Your Business
At the most fundamental level, we want to make it both financially and technically feasible for even the smallest of businesses to become truly intelligent “enterprises.” Capturing the millions of little “events” that are occurring across your operations and being able to wrap any sort of meaningful business context around those events are both significant challenges given the sheer number of devices capturing data day in and day out. We want you to be able to create, access and act upon a single source of data truth – no matter how many information sources are plugged into your IT architecture and without having to install any servers on premise.
So, our mission with this solution is to enable you to distill the “who, what, when, where and why” from your many disparate data systems with just a few lines of code.
Literally within minutes, you or one of the world’s 50 million coders who support your business can now build or optimize the software applications your workers need to see, analyze and now, effectually act on the data that’s being captured by your Zebra Internet of Things (IoT) and edge devices.
Zebra Data Services for RFID…
- Enables RFID readers with native cloud access to transmit tag read events through on-reader filtering and modes for custom event information. In turn, you only receive information that directly helps your workforce, and your workers only see the data that matters to them.
- Breaks down data silos by making both raw data and detailed analytics available to all in a centralized manner via the cloud.
- Stores all RFID data transmitted to the cloud in a decoded GS1 format in the Zebra Savanna cloud for historical views and advanced analytics. This eliminates bottlenecks that are common with on-premise systems and makes it almost effortless to perform operational analytics and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Alerts stakeholders to key action items such as addressing out-of-place or out-of-stock inventory or items stalled on the production line.
- Analyzes tag reads with simple API calls by resource, location and time.
- Allows you to remotely setup, receive alerts and monitor the functionality and health of RFID readers via the cloud. You will receive actionable intelligence on device health, inventory tracking and more.
THE BOTTOM LINE
You no longer have to be a passive observer of your operations. With Zebra Data Services for RFID, you can actively orchestrate your workflows – and for a fraction of the cost that it previously required to install, provision, secure and maintain on-premise servers and middleware for RFID.
Your front-line workers can gain the insights needed to mitigate errors as they start to move faster to keep up with demand. And you will be able to make more informed decisions when evaluating how best to reduce risks, increase efficiency, improve margins and boost both employee and customer satisfaction levels. The best part is that you’ll be able to do all of this without having to make the $100k+ upfront investment in on-premise RFID servers and middleware!